Cybex Recumbent Bike Reviews
Welcome to the Cybex recumbent bike reviews. In this review, we are going to discuss the Cybex 750R recumbent exercise bike. It is one of the best recumbent exercise bikes you will find in the market. So before we go for the review of Cybex 750R recumbent exercise bike, let us know something about the recumbent exercise bikes.
The recumbent exercise bikes are the ones who have their pedal a bit on the forward direction and the seat a bit backward. They also have a backrest where the user can lean on and workout comfortably. You will easily recognize a recumbent exercise bike when you see one. Because their outer look is not like normal bicycles or exercise bikes.
Though the look might not be the same, the benefit of riding a recumbent exercise bike is no less than the other types of exercise bikes. Furthermore, the recumbent bikes offer much more than just exercise; they offer comfort and some of them provide comfort and recreation with exercise. For example, the seat of the recumbent bikes is very much comfortable unlike indoor cycling bikes or upright exercise bikes. And the good thing is, they also have a backrest. As a result, the possibility of hurting your back because of using a recumbent bike is less.
The recumbent exercise bikes are suggested by the doctors for aged people or the people who have back problems or leg problems. As you do not need to put all of your weight only on the legs or the back, they get less pressure in the recumbent bikes. This is the main reason behind the doctors recommending the recumbent type exercise bikes.
Now, shall we go back to Cybex recumbent exercise bike reviews?
This is the Cybex 750R recumbent exercise bike. So let’s get to know everything about this bike.
This Cybex 750R recumbent exercise bike is made from forged steel made welded frames. So there is no question of how strong and firm this bike is. It is made from such metals so that it lasts for a long time and you can use it as much as you want.
As it is made of a very heavy metallic body, it is supposed to take on a very large amount of user weight. And guess what, it does take on a large amount of weight. The maximum user weight that this bike can bear is about 400 pounds.
The resistance of this bike is not similar to that of the other exercise bikes. Normally we find that most of the exercise bikes have either magnetic resistance or friction resistance. This 750R here certainly does not have the friction resistance system. It has hybrid eddy current brake resistance system.
For those who do not know what a hybrid eddy current brake system is, well, it is the combination of magnetic eddy current brake and electric eddy current brake. For this reason, the amplitude of the braking force is large as well as adjustable.
To explain simply, in this resistance system, the resistance is produced with a servo motor and a magnetic resistance pad. When the user changes the resistance levels, the servo motor changes the position of the magnetic brake element with respect to the flywheel.
Now you want to know how many levels of resistance this bike has. Well, this Cybex 750R recumbent has 21 different levels of hybrid eddy current brake resistance. There is an adjustable system that will help you to adjust the levels of the resistances.
We know there are two main types of drive systems usually found in the exercise bikes. They are the belt drive system and the chain drive system.
In the belt drive system, the machine uses a belt with the flywheel and the pedals. The belt runs smoothly and silently against the flywheel.
In the chain drive system, the machine uses a chain like that of the normal road bicycles with the flywheel and the pedals. Though the chain runs smoothly against the flywheel and the pedals, it is not completely silent. In some machines, it makes a little noise while in other machines; it might make a large noise.
Now the question is, what does out Cybex 750R recumbent exercise bike has? The Cybex 750R stationary exercise bike has the belt drive system.
Furthermore, there is one special feature in the drive system of this bike. This drive system is also self-tensioning. So it can vary the tension of your pedaling automatically.
The console is one of the most important of every exercise bike. Without a good console, the bike is never complete. With no exception to that, this 750R does have a great console as well as a display monitor. The large LED monitor has two parts. The upper monitor shows the amount of calories burnt per hour, wattage, revolutions per minute, heart pulse rate, METs, and distance.
The lower part of the monitor shows the time, speed and levels of resistance while using the machine.
Besides, there are also 21 preset workout programs installed on the bike. The programs include 9 constant power programs, 9 custom programs, a heart rate control program, quick start, manual, etc. programs.
There are also three modes of resistance in this machine. It includes the bike mode, constant power (for the 9 constant power programs), and the isokinetic mode.
Seat and handlebars
The seat of this bike is a comfortable one just like we expect from a recumbent type exercise bike. This bike has a proprietary seat made by the cyclists so that the manufacturer can ensure the users’ comfort while seating on the seat for a long time and workout. The backrest is also the same. Nice and comfortable and ventilated seatback to prevent overheating.
The specialty of the handlebars of this bike is they are adjustable to multiple positions to get along with any type of riding position.
The pedals of this bike are also made to offer the maximum comfort to the users of this bike. It has large, double-sided, strapped pedals that can accommodate feet of any size easily.
Those mentioned above are the most important things about the Cybex 750R recumbent exercise bike. Now we will discuss the other small but important features of this machine.
First of all, you should know that this machine is self-powered. This means the monitor you have in front is powered from the bike itself. When you pedal the bike, there is a certain amount of energy created with it. And without wasting this energy, the manufacturers have used this energy to power the bike. However, there is also a cord that you can use to keep the bike constantly powered.
For transportation purpose, there are two small wheels on the bike which you can use to move the unit from one place to another.
In addition to these, this bike also has a bottle holder to hold down to your water bottle and keep you hydrated during your workouts. And to keep you occupied, there is also a magazine rack where you can put any magazine or newspaper or book if you want.
- Brand name : Cybex
- Model name : 750R
- Dimensions : 63.5 x 25 x 49.5 inches
- Weight : 178 pounds
- Max user weight: 400 pounds
- Resistance : Hybrid eddy current brake
- Resistance level: 21 levels of resistance
- Programs : 21 workout programs
- Seat : Proprietary seat
- Pedals : Large, double-sided, strapped pedals
- Toe cage : No
- Handlebars : Adjustable in multiple positions
- Monitor : Split-level 10 x 15 amber LED with dot matrix messaging bar
- Statistics : Upper monitor shows calories burnt per hour, wattage, revolutions per minute, heart pulse rate, METs and distance, and the lower monitor shows the time, speed, resistance levels, etc.
- Power source : Self-powered as well as corded
- Languages : Seven
- Bottle holder : Yes
- Transportation wheels: Yes
- Warranty : 10 years on frames, 3 years on parts, 1 year on labor, 120 days on plastic parts, pedal straps, seats, cords, inlets and grips
- Amazon ratings : 5 out of 5
- Hybrid eddy current brake resistance with 21 levels to different intensities of exercises.
- Preset 21 programs for providing various qualities of workouts.
- Two parts of the rich monitor where the upper part shows calories burnt per hour, wattage, revolutions per minute, heart pulse rate, METs and distance, and the lower monitor shows the time, speed, resistance levels, etc.
- A self-powered machine that uses the energy created during pedaling it as well as has an electric cord of ensuring a constant power supply when necessary.
- Rich display
- Self-powered device
- Heavy construction
- Hybrid eddy current brake resistance
- 21 resistance levels
- 21 workout programs
- Seven languages
- Comfortable seat and handlebars
- Multi-position handlebars
- Magazine rack
- Bottle holder
- Transportation wheels
- No toe cage with the pedals for safer pedaling.
- Expensive price for a used product
I am writing this buying guide to inform you of very important information about this bike. There is no question that this exercise bike is one of the best exercise bikes of its kind. But we could not find the completely new unit of this product. In amazon, they are selling the used version of this product. But, there is also a renewed version of this same machine that they are selling at a bigger price. If you want to but the renewed product, visit this link
I sincerely hope that my article helps you to make a good decision on the Cybex 750R recumbent exercise bike. I have tried to be honest with you about every information I have provided on the Cybex recumbent exercise bike reviews.
So if you want to read more of my article on different exercise bikes, you can visit the following links-
See more our related posts
- best exercise bike
- best upright exercise bike
- exercise bike recumbent
- best exercise bike for losing weight
- Healthrider n35 exercise bike review
- kettler giro s spin bike review
- L Now Spin Bike Reviews
- Proform recumbent bike reviews
- Schwinn active 20 recumbent bike reviews
- Xterra SB550 recumbent bike review
- XTERRA Spin Bike Review
- True es700 recumbent bike review
- Reviews for fitnation recumbent bike
- free spirit recumbent bike reviews
- Keiser M3 Spin Bike Review
- Powertrain spin bike review
- ion spin bike review
- Cybex cr 750 r recumbent bike reviews
- Exerpeutic LX7 Spin Bike Review
- Body Flex Magnetic Recumbent Bike Reviews
- NORFLEX Spin Bike SPX200 Review
- Higol spin bike review
- York exercise bike review
- Schwinn Journey 2.0 Recumbent Bike Reviews
- Genki Magnetic Exercise Bike Review
- Sole B94 Upright Exercise Bike Review
- lemond recumbent exercise bike reviews
- matrix recumbent bike reviews
- Diamondback Spin Bike Review
- Kettler Giro GT exercise bike review
- Exerpeutic Gold 975 Recumbent Exercise Bike Reviews
- FreeMotion Spin Bike Reviews