The Best Exercise Bike Reviews for 2019 – Reviews & Guide offers a comprehensive information about the latest exercise bikes. Such bikes are ideal for working out because they will completely burn excessive fats or calories. So, if you don’t like jogging or going to the gym frequently or if you are looking to shed off excessive weights without suffering from severe side effects, then these bikes are perfect investment.
There are different types of exercise bikes. And each has its benefits as well as drawbacks. Some of the options available are elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, rowing machines and many more. Now, since there are plenty of options to choose from, identifying the right one can be a head scratcher. But after reading this guide, tracking down the right exercise bike shouldn’t be an overwhelming prospect.
Reasons for Buying Best Exercise Bikes
Firstly, it is imperative to understand why you need exercise bike. Well, the obvious reason is to keep your body healthy Going to the gym frequently can be cost-prohibitive. If you have a tight budget, then doing the exercise by yourself is a great idea. Some people also dislike the noise in the gyms or heavy traffic when going to the gym. The exercise bikes are ideal for people having joint pains. These bikes are not only effective for doing cardio workouts, they are also very safe to use.
Buying Guide for Best Exercise Bikes
The price tags of the 2019 exercise bikes differ greatly. The price is usually dependent on the features the bikes have. The pricey ones are worth every penny, though, because they are suitable for providing efficient as well as intensive workout. Now, what you need to do is check the prices of different bikes and compare them with your budget requirements. There are plenty of special deals including promotional codes on these exercise bikes that will help you save some money.
It is imperative to know the ins and outs of the available exercise bikes before making a purchase. Just as mentioned previously, the market is already flooded with various models. So, you should make a selection carefully. The first thing that you need to do is try some of the models available to determine if they match your requirements. The size and shape of the bikes are also different. You also need to choose a bike the will make you feel comfortable. The following are some of the useful factors that you need to keep in mind while shopping for exercise bikes.
Price – just as mentioned previously, the cost of best exercise bikes are never the same. The models having plenty of features or highly efficient tend to be pricey. If you have a fixed budget the best thing to do is shop around to determine the model that fit your budget requirements. From time to time, there are special deals as well as discounted prices that can help you cut the cost.
Features – the exercise bike needs to have useful features that make it efficient and easy to use. For example, you should look for exercise bikes having relaxed pedals as well as seats. In short, the features that the bikes have should enhance their functionality. some of the features that you need to check are computer aided workout software, LCD display, padded and comfortable seat, type of resistance system, and type of handlebars.
Home Exercise Goals – before buying exercise bike, it is vital to know why you need the bike. Of course, you will be buying the bike for exercising or working out. The point here is that some people buy these bikes simply because they saw their friends or family members having one. It is imperative to understand your goals that will be accomplished by buying the exercise bike.
Warranty – when buying anything, it is always advisable to check if warranty is being offered. This should also apply when buying exercise bikes. This usually helps if the bike becomes ineffective after a short period of time or if some features are missing as was described. The warranty should cover labor, parts, frame, and brakes including other electronics.
Understanding the Different Types of Exercise Bikes
The stationary exercise bikes tend to be the same in terms of their functionalities. They provide different resistance, though. Majority of exercise bikes use magnetic resistance. Nowadays, there are a number of models that use air resistance. The following are the common types of exercise bikes.
- Recumbent Exercise Bikes – the seats of these bikes are similar to chairs. The trainer is usually slightly reclined back. This helps in relieving the pressure on the ankles or knees. Their handlebars can or cannot move. They are suitable for seniors.
- Upright Exercise Bikes – These bikes are just similar to general bikes. These bikes have the ability of standing up. Some of the features are smaller seats and handles. It allows the rider to maintain upright position which put pressure or stress on the lower parts.
- Spinner Exercise Bikes – The spinning bikes are similar to upright bikes. But their handlebars are different. The rider usually pushes handlebars forward. They don’t only offer several seating positions but also utmost intensity.
Features of Best Exercise Bikes 2019
Display – The LCD screen shoes the real time statistics of the workout. The statics are distance, speed, workout time, rotations per minute or RPM, calories burned, resistance level and heart rate.
Frame Design – The frame design usually enhance comfort or enhanced usability. They include adjustable seats, step-thru frames, adjustable handlebars, resistance, adjustable pedals and transport wheels.
Console – These are the features available in central panel or handlebars. Some of these features are water bottle holder, heart rate monitor and media tray.
Learning Materials – These are resourceful materials that make it easy for you to use the bike. They may include video tutorials, user guide and FAQs.
Learning How to Select Exercise Bikes
Even though exercise bikes offer a range of benefits, it is imperative to choose the one that’s right for you. As you may have known already, these bikes have their drawbacks as well. It is for this reason why it is of essence to learn how the bikes work before making a selection.
Just as mentioned previously, you can go for recumbent or upright model. If you are old or senior, the recumbent model is the best. And if you want a bike that provides an upright position, then upright models are ideal. It is also imperative to consider the weight limit of the bike. The bike needs to accommodate your bodyweight. You get the picture?
Resistance is also an important consideration. The bike should offer resistance as this will increase the tension which will further improve your muscles. The exercise bikes offering resistance are ideal for enhancing the workout. But if you to improve the health of the cardiovascular, then you can go for other models.
What features do the bikes have? What is the level of programmability? Some of the models available have on-board computers as well as LCD screens that let you check the statistics. There are also some models that make it easier for you to adjust or change program settings as well as select from pre-set exercises or workouts. They are of higher price bracket, though.
It is also imperative to know some of the storage options that are ideal for you. For instance, if you are living in a small apartment, then you need to choose bikes that can fit in the space available. There are various foldable exercise bikes you can choose from as well. The price of the models available are different so you need to do a little digging before making a purchase.
Generally, all the models available offer just the same benefits. It will all depends on the model you prefer. Recumbent bikes happen to be the best for seniors or people having knee problems. But if you want a bike that will help you attain higher speeds as well as produce great overall workout, the upright models are the best.
The prices of exercise bikes are different just as mentioned earlier. Some are cheap while others are expensive. Those in higher price brackets usually have advanced functionalities. They are mostly for commercial users. It is always advisable to shop around before buying. You need to check the various models available to determine if they fall in your budget range. Also, you need to check if the models you have chosen have features you want.
So, what are the top picks? The following are best exercise bike reviews 2019. These reviews offer useful information about some of the best models in the market. You really need to read these reviews before you head out to bike dealer. These reviews will also be helping in picking exercise bikes that are not prone to problems. You may think that a bike that is pricey is the best one, there are various expensive exercise bikes that disappoint. The following reviews will help in tracking down the best models.
These exercise bikes is suitable for indoor spinning. Their prices are highly attractive and come with quality warranty as well.
- Takes very less space.
- It has 8 resistance settings that are well calibrated. It also have high quality components and utilize magnetic resistance mechanism.
- Another noticeable feature is 5 functional displays for showing distance covered, speed and calories burned. You can as well track these parameters online.
- Offer lower pedal height options
- Assembling this bike can be a challenge. You may need to hire a profession to do that.
- Does not have automated workout routines
Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike is an exceptional upright model that is well-designed. It is strongly build and offer great amount of resistance.
- This bike provide 8 levels or options of resistance. Its adjustable resistances make it easy for the rider to increase or lower workout intensity.
- Has tension-tightening knob that can be adjusted to obtain different fitness levels.
- Has a large console display for showing workout metrics such as time, speed, recovery rate, RPM, pulse, calories burned and distance covered.
- Has highly cushioned seats for support as well as comfort while pedaling. Its counter balanced pedals prevent feet from sliding while pedaling.
- Because of top notch features it come with, this bike is a little bit pricey.
If you are looking for an exercise bike that is all-round performer, then this one should top your list. It is of the highest quality construction and also come with top-self warranty.
- This bike has 16 resistance levels as well as 20 workout programs. The automated workout routines available are ideal for simulating various cycling conditions as well as diversifying workouts. Some of the available preloaded routines are hill climb programs, strength programs, fat burn programs and interval programs.
- Some programs that are already preloaded are essential in varying resistance levels depending on heart rate which is usually measures using contact sensors available at handlebars. There are also push-button controls for controlling pedal resistance. You can choose from the levels of resistance present to increase intensity. It also has eddy current braking systems that are frictionless which are sensitive to resistance changes.
- Another noticeable feature of this bike is large as well as easy-to-read display. This is used to display real time statistics of your workout. Some of the reading that can be seen on the screen are heart rate, calorie count, distanced covered, elapsed exercise time. It also have audio jack, media bay, adjustable fan and integrated stereo speakers.
- This bike also have non-stick seatback that is adjustable. The seat is highly comfortable. The seat is generously cushioned and the seat back also have non-stick mesh material. Its setback allow air to flow freely. That is not all, it also has up-down adjustment feature that make it easy for any person to fit perfectly. The bike also have a step-through design making it easy to mount. This is also important in dealing with mobility issues which can later result into injuries.
- The bike doesn’t come with workout journal program. So, tracking the workout statistics has to be done manually.
If you are a bigger, then Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse is a great choice. It supports up to a weight of 300 Ibs. But that doesn’t mean that serious athletes can’t use it.
- Has hand pulse sensor essential for determining the heart rate zone.
- The exercise bike has up to 8 levels of magnetic resistances. This allows the rider to increase or lower the intensity of the workout. In case the magnetic resistance malfunctions, you can refer to the manual to find out how to rectify the problem.
- The bike also have three piece crank system. This is very essential in providing consistent as well as smooth propulsion or motion. Its v-belt drive and balanced flywheel are also easy to operate.
- The seats are very comfortable. Apart from being excellently padded, the seats can be adjusted to fit any size.
- This bike has advanced features which help in enhancing intensity during workout. Some of the noticeable features ate 6 handlebar and horizontal seat adjustments. It also have 10 vertical adjustments.
- It effectively accommodate the rider’s height. It is not only reliable but also strongly built. It has a direct-chain that lets the rider to pedal back and forth. It can effectively accommodate riders weighing up to 300 Ibs.
- The bike has transport wheels. So, you can move to desired location stress free. It also has a hand pulse monitor which displays time, speed, distance, pulse and calories. You can stand up while riding it and therefore boosting the level of intensity. It has a compact design and also foldable.
- It is space saving. It can be folded to fit in a small space.
- It can be cost-prohibitive.
- Can be very noisy if screws or bolts aren’t tightened properly
This is one of the best in-home indoor exercise bikes that cycling enthusiasts as well as begging riders should consider.
- Can support up to 250 Ibs weight capacities. It is very quiet during operation so you can watch tv or listen to music without getting interrupted.
- The bike has chrome rim flywheel that weighs up to 22 pound. The flywheel isn’t on smooth when pedaling but also consistent. The transportation wheels are for relocating the bike.
- It has a 4 way seat that can be adjusted forward or backward or up and down. The seat is also properly cushioned.
- Has LCD computer for displaying readouts such as speed, calories burned, distance and time. It also comes with 1AA battery.
- Another useful feature is the easy tension adjustment that is essential for obtaining challenging including progressive workouts. It also have an emergency brake.
- Leg thrust is added by addition of toe cages. There is also bottle holder. It supports stand up, double direction, and chain driven pedaling.
- This bike has no cadence tracking. The pedal rotations or cadence are never recorded but statics are parameters such as speed, calories burned, time and distanced at automatically registered.
- The bike also has no heart rate monitor. Heart rate monitors which are usually installed at the handlebars are missing. This shouldn’t be something to worry about because third-party monitors.
Exercise bike can be set into 3 positions that provide different ways to exercise
Overall Dimensions: 26”(L) x 21”(W) x 50”(H); Weight capacity: 220 lbs.
This is an example of upright model.
The bike has sturdy steel frame. It also have padded handle bars including seat for additional comfort.
- It is affordable. The good thing about this exercise bike is that even if you live in small apartment, you don’t have to worry about space because it is foldable. Also, it has 8 resistance levels.
- Assembling and moving the bike is also easy. It also have screen that display time, calories, speed, distance and pulse measurements. There is also a sensor attached at the handlebar for monitoring heart rate. It also have buttons that control tension. The seats are also very comfortable. The noise production is less, too.
- Supports 3 different positions of pedaling
- There are a number of advanced functionalities missing.
This bike offers high functionality. Can accommodate up to 250 pounds. It provides an uphill road ridding experience
- It has excellently cushioned 4 ways seat that is also adjustable. The seat can be adjusted to up/down and forward/backward directions.
- The bike has on-screen workout stats that display amount of calories burned, heart rate, distance covered, elapsed time and current speed. The contact sensors located at the handlebars measure the heart rate. Batteries are also included.
- It is chain driven. It also have useful features like bottle holders. Forward leg thrust is also improved by the toe cages. The transportation wheels make it easy to relocate it. It also supports double pedaling.
- It has clearly labelled control options.
- Riders can as well customize the workout to their preferences. For example, adjusting the resistance levels to obtain a challenging workout.
- The bike does not have workout tracking software. What that means is that you will have to manually register the stats.
- The wireless heart-rate monitors cannot be added. As you may have known, wireless heart-rate monitors help in tracking the heart rate. In some exercise, this feature is already installed.
This is the exercise bike that will give a road riding experience. It has features that are helpful in reducing back as well as joint strains.
- It has 16 resistance levels that can be adjusted to increase or reduce the intensity of the workout. Also, there are 17 preset programs. Few examples are heart-rate controlled programs, workout journal and profile.
- It has thick padded seat. There are also lumbar support including side bolsters. Other noticeable features are toe straps and oversized pedals.
- Its consoles include two speed fan, speakers, utility tray and water bottle holder. There is also MP3 input and adjustable console angle.
- It is a little bit pricey.
If you are looking for a cheap yet effective exercise bike, then this should definitely top your list. It can support weight capacity of up to 300 Ibs.
- It has a sliding desktop that can be adjusted up/down or back/forward for standing as well as sitting positions. Riders can also choose from the three angle positions, that is, 0 degrees, 16 degrees or 33 degrees. It also supports 5 height adjustments.
- The bike also have storage drawer including properly cushioned arm rest. The LCD computer displays the workout statistics.
- Also, it has 8 magnetic resistance levels. This allow riders to increase or reduce the level of workout intensity.
- It has sensor attached at the handlebar for measuring heart rate. It also have speakers.
- The seat is well padded. It also have seat slides that enable riders to move back and forth. It also have transport wheels for easy movement as well as two levers for keeping the workout solid. It is also foldable.
- Other technologies may be missing. For example, workout journal software including other computer controlled applications.
This mini exercise bike offer unmatched indoor cycling. It is made from high quality materials so its durability is exceptional. It offers a smooth ride and very easy to use. The bike can support up to 220 Ibs weight capacity.
- It is very simple to use
- It features safety pedal straps
- The bike has up to 8 level of tension levels that can be controlled to alter the intensity of the workout.
- Has LCD for displaying distance, time and calories.
- Does not provide various sitting positions.
Comparing the Exercise Bikes with Other Exercising Tools
Many people think that treadmills, rowing machines and steppers are the best when it comes to burning calories or excess fats. Well, stationary bikes or exercise bikes also provide cardiovascular benefits the other equipment provide. What is actually important is the intensity of the workout. So, which option is the best?
To know the most effective way of burning calories, it is important to compare the amount of calories that will be burned by exercising using the above mentioned equipment. The stepper can approximately burn 530 to 838 calories. The rowing machine on the other hand will burn approximately 207 to 1, 117 calories. The treadmill will burn about 100 calories per mile. The stationary bike will burn about 325 to 1, 163 calories depending on the intensity employed.
Now, this is a simple arithmetic. The difference you see from the figures actually indicates the level of intensity. For example, if you are using a stationary bike and riding at slow speed, the amount of calories you will be burning per hour is about 325. If you are riding at high speed, you will get rid of around 1,100 calories. So, if you are riding at a moderate speed, the amount of calories burned will be about 500 plus calories.
The exercise bikes are not only suitable for joint health but also comfort. Even health professionals agree that exercise books are joint-friendly. It is very hard to use steppers or treadmills since they need extreme balance. That is not all, you can easily get injured by using these machines. The good thing about using rowers or exercise bikes is that the risks of getting injured is very less.
It is not easy to tell the level of muscle gains each cardiovascular machine will provide. One thing for sure is that these machines will provide excellent overall workout based on machine tension setting as well as intensity. Rowers seem to be advantageous because of their arm usage. There are very may exercise bikes having moving handles that provide muscle gain potential just like rowing machines.
What are the Benefits of Exercise Bikes 2019?
Can you imagine riding a bike while watching your favorite program or listening to music? The exercise bikes offer a range of benefits. They include the following:
Low Injury Risk – the biking movements are not only joint-friendly but also simple. These bikes don’t pile excess stress on knees, joints or hips and therefore, ideal for seniors.
Calories Burned – cardiovascular activity usually uses excessive amount of calories. Now, depending on your body weight as well as the intensity of biking, you can burn plenty of that excessive fats.
Cardiovascular Benefits – Did you know that doing intensive cardiovascular exercises improve blood flow? Better yet, did you know it lowers blood pressure? What actually happens is that the blood sugar in the body is regulated effectively.
Muscle Toning – By doing intensive biking, the muscles be toned. You will even build more muscles by pedaling at a high speed. Your calves, quadriceps, upper body parts and glutes will be toned.
Increased Energy – research has shown that people biking on exercise bikes can increase their energy levels by 20%. During the biking, the brain releases the dopamine which further lower fatigue levels.
Save Space – if you are living in a small room, then buying large bike will consume much of the space. You don’t have to worry because there are many folding exercise bikes.
Easy Advancement – You can pedal at your desired speed. Pedaling at high speed give excellent results.
Understanding the Shipping Options Available
Now that you have check the reviews of our top 10 exercise bike reviews, hopefully you have made the right decision. However, it is imperative to know some of the shipping options available. Assembling the bike can be a challenging task, which may force you to hire an expert to do the job. If you can assemble the bike on your own, the manufacture of the bike will ship the bike for you at no extra charges. If you want it assembled for you or want other additional services, you will have to fork out some more money.
The Closing Argument of Exercise Bikes 2019 Reviews
The Exercise Bikes 2019 reviews are actually based on user ratings from ecommerce giant, Amazon. These reviews will shed some light on the best models to buy and their pros including cons. Even though buying exercise bikes having excellent features, it is also important to keep an eye on their reviews as well as ratings. These reviews are a great way of determining the satisfactory level of users.
If you make use of the available reviews, then the buying process of the exercise bikes will be simple. The reviews provide invaluable information for buying exercise bikes. Now, if you find them useful then it is the right time to blast those stubborn fats or calories!