As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for a high end, commercial grade cycle with amazing features? Then you can have a look at the Life fitness presents Lifecycle GX spin bike. It is one of the top-rated bikes that are ideal for both home and gym use. A heavy rear-mounted flywheel provides the real bike riding experience. Plus, the Lifecycle GX is a sturdy construction made up of Zinc oxide-coated steel body frame. You can also enjoy an excellent cardiovascular workout from this bike with low-impact on joints. Magnetic resistance system of the Lifecycle GX bike gives a smooth and quiet ride. Besides the belt-drive system requires less maintenance and the bike has many incredible qualities. So, let’s not waste any more time and directly go to the Lifecycle GX Spin Bike Review.
As the bike supports spin workout, its frame is designed using thick heavy steel tubing. All the steel tubes in the frame include a rust and scratch resistive e-coating that silver in color. Plastic materials are only used in some particular parts of the cycle. Such as the side cover of the drive mechanism, the bottle holder and the heat injected caps of the front base.
When the bike is fully assembled it weighs 111 lbs. Even on the hardest workout, the bike’s weight provides remarkable endurance to the bike. Moreover, both the base tubes of the bike have adjustable levelers. Thus, you can completely balance it without any help from a rubber mat. Besides the bike’s front has a pair of mounted transport wheels for the easy relocation of the bike.
Resistance, Flywheel, and Drive:
The resistance system of the cycle features two opposite magnets situated on one side of the flywheel. However, you can manually adjust the resistance since its not an electromagnetic brake system. Lifecycle GX provides 20 levels of resistance adjustment, from very light to the level that mimics steep climbing. Also, you can adjust the resistance by moving the small lever on the handlebar post. It is because the handlebar changes the position of the magnets with flywheel. Thus, it exposes the resistance system to a magnetic field of lower or higher intensity. This indoor cycle offers both workout difficulties and spin workouts for users of all levels.
Flywheel of the exercise bike is heavy and weighs 45 lbs., situated at the rear. Since there is no friction in flywheels and the resistance components. Thus, it produces a steady momentum and a smooth pedaling motion.
Lifecycle GX includes a multi-ribbed belt drive that comes with much goodness. Firstly, it doesn’t require lubrication and secondly produces very little sound while pedaling.
Indoor bike Lifecycle GX is equipped with a fitness meter that offers much more than a basic console. It is nicely located between the handlebars for easy use. Console display can monitor distance, RPM, speed, calories, time, cadence, heart rate, and resistance level.
Firstly, it inputs an individual’s specific data- age, gender, and weight. Thus, it can precisely measure the burned calories than any other console unit. Secondly, it has a multi-panel display that shows various workout stats altogether. Thirdly, the display of the console has a blue LED backlights and large digits making easy readability.
GX’s console is a telemetric that has a built-in HR receiver and compatible with Polar HR chest straps transmitters. But an HR chest strap is not included with the bike.
Although the bike’s language is manually set to English, the console can be operated in 6 other languages. Such as Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, French, and Dutch.
Fitness meter’s operation is pretty simple that features 4 keys: User, up, down, and Ok/Backlight. User related functions can be accessed by pressing the User key. While up and down key allow you to navigate through menus and change values. Likewise, the OK key is used in any confirmation function for several user data. Also, it covers the On/Off function for the console’s backlight.
As the bike doesn’t need an external power source, so the fitness meter console is battery powered. And so forth, 2 D- battery cell is required that lasts for approx. 800 hrs. of use.
Seat and Handlebars:
Fitness bike Lifecycle GX is equipped with a pretty thick and larger seat that includes a thick layer of padding, a contoured surface. Seat is designed in such a way to improve your blood circulation and reduce stress during the strenuous workout. However, you can change the seat with any other standard bike seat if you want. Plus, you can always increase the seat comfort with a gel cover. But overall the seat offers you at optimal comfort throughout the workout.
You can adjust the seat in 4-ways- up, down, front and back. The bike seat enables you to have 19 levels of adjustment positions.
Handlebars include multi-grip positions with a mounted aero bar. That is also adjustable in 4-ways with 19 adjustment positions on the upright bar and 16 adjustments on the horizontal bar just like the seat. User having height range between 5’0″ and 6’7″ can be accommodated in this cycle. Thus, the bike offers a broad span for the user.
A large adjustment knob is there for both seat and handlebars that are easy to grip and turn. As a result, you can easily fine-tune the bike adjustments as per your need.
Crank, Pedal, and Q-factor:
Crankset of the Lifecycle GX is supremely heavy with strong steel crank arms. That’s why it can handle the full weight of the user in a stand-up position while pedaling. Dual-sided pedals are used in the crank arms along with SPD clips shoes on one side. While toe straps on the other for having extra thrust.
If you want you can pedal in reverse order in this bike but can’t cruise on it. Because the bike doesn’t include a derailleur system similar to a road bike. Yet your workout stats will be recorded in the console even if you pedal in reverse order.
However, the Q-factor of the bike is 170mm, quite narrow in comparison to other spin bikes. That ensures the footing position on the pedal is natural. And doesn’t create extra stress on the knees while pedaling.
Assembly and Maintenance:
Almost major parts of the bike come pre-assembled. You just have to do the following things to assemble the rest parts of the bike:
- Connecting the frame to the base tube.
- Adding seat post.
- Attaching the seat, the handlebars, and the crank arms with the pedals.
- Lastly attaching the console in between the handlebars.
While flywheel, belt, crank gear, and resistance components are pre-attached to the frame.
In case of maintenance, you just have to regularly check out the loose parts and bolts of the bike, if necessary them re-tighten them. Moreover, protect the console and frame from fluid material and remove dust and sweat drops.
- Body is designed with a robotically welded steel frame with rust preventive e-coating. Hence, it protects the bike from dirt, sweat, and water.
- A multi-ribbed belt drive system makes your pedaling smooth and quiet.
- Heavy flywheel of 45 lbs. produces consistent and smooth pedaling motion.
- Dual magnetic resistance system offers 20 levels of resistance with a braking system.
- Fitness meter console with backlight display with multiple language settings. This can also track speed, time, distance, calories, resistance level, cadence, RPM and Pulse.
- 4-way adjustable, thickly padded, large bike seat designed to enhance blood circulation.
- This indoor cycle features Standard racing style handlebars with vertical and for/aft handlebars adjustment.
- Dual-sided pedal that is SPD compatible, provides the option for both soft and cycling shoes.
- Item Weight: 111 lbs.
- Dimension: 54.6 ‘’ L X 23’’ W X 39.5’’ H
- Flywheel: Heavy, 45 lbs.
- Resistance: 20 levels, manual, eddy current
- Drive System: Belt
- Seat: Comfortable, adjustable in 4-ways
- Handlebars: Standard racing style and adjustable in 4-ways
- Fitness meter: Yes, tracks time, speed, distance, cadence, calories, RPM, resistance and pulse.
- Q-factor: 170 mm
- Pedal: Dual-sided with toe-cage and SPD compatible
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes
- Supported Weight: 350 lbs.
- Warranty: Frame: 5 years, Parts: 3 years, Labor: 1 year, Seat and Pedal: 1 year
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is this bike durable?
Ans: Yes, it is durable because the bike’s frame is made up of sturdy robotically welded steel.
- Does the console control the resistance system?
Ans: No, the console doesn’t control the resistance system but it can be adjusted manually.
- Can I ride this bike with any type of sports shoe?
Ans: Yes, you can do it because the SPD pedals offer an alternative for both soft and sports shoes.
- What is the Q-factor of this spin bike?
Ans: The Q-factor is 170 mm in this spin bike.
- Can I listen to my favorite song on this console?
Ans: No, you can’t listen to anything because the console doesn’t include any sound system
I would suggest you buy this item from any trustworthy online site if you are buying it online. Always make sure if it is the expected product you are looking for or not. Before you buy this bike don’t forget to consult with your doctor if you have any back injury or pain.
The Bottom’s Line:
Lifecycle GX bike is going to pass out in all of your expectations. An excellent cardio workout with some amazing features is ensured by this sturdy design bike. Plus, easy to read console and the belt-driven smooth and quiet ride will definitely win your heart. Though the bike has some drawbacks that you can expect this in this price range. Therefore, if you are looking for solid construction with some amazing qualities of a spin bike then Lifecycle GX is a worthy buy.
That’s all now. I hope you like our Lifecycle GX Spin Bike Review. Thanks for reading!
See more exercise bike-related posts
- best exercise bike
- best exercise bike recumbent
- Latest upright exercise bike
- best exercise bike for losing weight
- best folding exercise bike
- Folding Exercise Bike for Short Person
- Best Exercise Bike for seniors
- Best Exercise Bike for Bad Knees
- Best Inexpensive Elliptical
- The best Slim Cycle Reviews
- Best Recumbent Bike
- Best Elliptical
- Echelon Bike Reviews
- Best Spin Bike
- Best stationary bike for home
- Check the Best elliptical for under $500
- Best mini exercise bike
- best stationary bike
- Cheapest Exercise Bike reviews
- Best foldable exercise bike
- best cheapest exercise bike
- slim cycle reviews
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.