Matrix Livestrong Spin Bike Review
The Matrix Indoor cycle IC3 is a high-performance spin bike. It has all the crucial components for powerful indoor training. Life Fitness IC3 is durable workout equipment that can support user weight up to 290 lbs. This spin bike is designed to suit the workout of all fitness levels. Whether you are a beginner or pro and your fitness goal is weight loss, boosting stamina, muscle toning, etc., the Matrix Life fitness IC3 will be a great choice for you. Besides, the Matrix IC3 features 3 significant elements such as an ergonomic handlebar, 155mm Q Factor and advanced geometry, which are necessary for smooth and comfortable cycling performance. Plus, it is a mid-price range exercise bike and comes with a great warranty deal. Now, you might be thinking that I am only talking about the good stuff of the bike. Well, don’t worry I will cover all the good and bad sides of this spin bike. As well as I will try to answer all the popular questions regarding this Matrix Indoor IC3 cycle. That’s why without any talking let’s move to the Matrix Livestrong Spin Bike Review.
Life fitness Matrix IC3 cycle features a durable and solid steel frame. The frame is double-coated with a long-lasting powder finish and it is resistant to scratch and corrosion.
This spin bike’s frame provides superior durability and it can support all spinning workouts. Both of the bases are equipped with adjustable levelers that come with hefty rubberized pads. Here rubberized pads are included to prevent floor scratching and they reduce rocking during intensive cycling.
Besides, the front base consists of two stable wheels that help you with easy transportation of the bike. Hence, you can easily store the bike in any corner after every workout.
Additionally, the fully assembled bike weighs 125 lbs. and has a dimension of 47’’ Length x 20’’ Width x 43’’Height. So, with its stunning frame design and transport wheels, the Matrix IC3 cycle can fit finely into any space.
Resistance and Drive System:
Indoor bike Matrix IC3 has a friction-based resistance system. Plus, it has the lever push emergency brake.
This spin cycle has a felt-pad resistance but it has both good and bad sides.
The good side is that the friction system provides limitless resistance. So that you can receive a challenging workout to attain your desired fitness goals.
Again, the bad side of the friction resistance system is that it makes squeaking sound and requires extra maintenance. Moreover, due to the contact between flywheel and friction brakes, the felt pad wears out and makes quite a noise.
But gladly, the resistance system features a durable sweat protection guard that protects the flywheel and increases the lifetime of the felt pads. 3-years commercial use warranty is given to this protection guard which means it is a high-quality resistance pad material.
A Poly-V belt drive train is used in the drive system of the Matrix IC3 spin bike. So, the belt drive used in this bike is a high-quality one and it is not easily stretchable. Plus, it is quieter and produces less vibration.
Besides, the drivetrain has a 1:3 gear ratio and it is a fixed-gear driven system. But for every turn of the belt rings, the flywheel turns 3 times that is very less in comparison to other spin bikes. However, fortunately, the flywheel of the bike is fairly heavy. Subsequently, it helps to get you a smooth momentum and a steady pedaling motion.
Flywheel of this IC3 spin bike weighs 40 lbs. This spin bike is equipped with a sturdy perimeter-weighted flywheel that is designed for an even and extra smooth pedaling motion. Plus, it can supply a very steady momentum. Again, the flywheel is fixed and bi-directional so that you can pedal backward if you want. That eventually helps to stimulate the muscles in different ways and avoid the plateau.
Matrix Livestrong IC3 has fixed-gear that means both the flywheel and the pedals turn and stop turning together. Therefore, in any emergency case, if you want to exit the bike then you will have to wait for the flywheel or pedals to completely stop turning.
Here, the heavy flywheel of the IC3 spin bike plays a significant role in stimulating the sensation close to outdoor bicycling.
Seat and Handlebars:
Indoor cycle Matrix IC3 has an ergo-formed, 4-way adjustable, unisex seat. Seat of the bike features a fairly standard design and has a layer of padding to give you maximum comfort. Also, you can adjust the seat up/down, fore and aft.
Moreover, the seat is quite narrower to scale down the friction. As well as to avoid getting scratches from the bike during long rides. In case of replacing the seat, you can replace it with any other basic bike’s seat.
Handlebar of the IC3 indoor bike is ergonomically formed with soft PVC and it has a multi-grip design. Here, PVC soft material is used to ensure a firm grip and prevent palm bruise or injury. Furthermore, the handlebar features 4-way adjustability to reduce pressure from the rider’s backbone and neck. An aero bar is also included to build up the racing postures. You can have a guaranteed ideal positioning due to the adjustments of the handlebars.
Additionally, the handlebars have three upgrades in this model. Also, there are water bottle holders incorporated on the handlebars.
Both the seat and the handlebars have light-weight and rust-resistant Aluminum posts. Again, both of them are geared with a dial and lever.
Livestrong IC3 Matrix spin bike doesn’t feature any fitness monitor, but it is sold separately in the market. Fitness monitor of IC3 has a blue backlit and it operates through batteries. Due to its backlit, you can see the workout data even in the low- light conditions.
IC3 monitor can track various workout data such as distance, time, RPM, speed, calories, and the heart rate (measured by analog and digital HR). Also, it shows up averages for heart rate and RPM. It also has set up goals for strength training, weight loss, and outdoor rides training.
Note that: “ the bike’s monitor is wireless and it is mainly used for wireless HR tracking and bike’s sensor connectivity.”
However, the monitor doesn’t have any app connectivity or workout tracking facility. Plus, it doesn’t have any Bluetooth sync or watt tracking capabilities.
Sadly, the bike doesn’t include this fitness monitor, you have to buy it solely from the market. That’s why it would be a con of the bike to consider.
Pedal and Q-factor:
A dual-sided SPD compatible and basic toe-caged pedals are included in this IC3 spin bike. Adjustable foot straps are also there in the pedal, it can be adjusted to fit all feet sizes. Besides, the pedal is fairly durable and it has a standard 9/11” thread size. These pedals allow basic gym shoes for cross-training and clipless cycling shoes for a smooth and safe ride.
Now, let’s talk about the Q-factor.
What is Q-factor?
Well, it is the horizontal distance between the two pedals. And the Life fitness IC3 has a narrow Q-factor of 155 mm which is the main selling factor of this spin bike. Because other manufacturers can barely provide such a narrow Q-factor in spin bikes.
Now, you might think what is so special in a narrow Q-factor?
Well, due to the narrow Q-factor you can position your feet closer together, it keeps your hips, knees, and feet aligned for a complete muscular force. Subsequently, it delivers you enhanced comfort and efficiency.
Crankset of the bike is quite strong and it can handle the user’s weight up to 290 lbs.
- Extremely heavy construction with a durable solid steel frame and features a stylish look.
- 40 pound weighted flywheel is perimeter weighted and provides a steadier pedal stroke.
- Features a Poly V belt drive system that is quieter and generates less vibration.
- Resistance of the bike is friction-based and offers unlimited resistance levels.
- Seat of the bike is well-cushioned and it has 4-way adjustability.
- Handlebars of IC3 have multi-grip and it’s ergo-formed, designed with soft PVC material.
- Pedals of the bike are dual-sided SPD compatible and come with adjustable straps.
- Q-factor of the bike is 155 mm which is narrower and provides more comfort and efficiency than any other spin bike.
- Floor protection levelers are also included to protect your floor and to evenly level the bike on any surface.
- Front base has two stable wheels that help you with the easy relocation of the bike.
- Water bottle holders are also included.
- Matrix IC3 spin bike also features lever push emergency stop.
- Item’s weight: 125 lbs.
- Dimension: 47.2” Length X 21.5″ Width X 43.3″ Height
- Supported weight: 290 lbs.
- Inseam space: 27″ to 38″
- Resistance: Friction-based felt pad
- Drive: Poly V belt drivetrain
- Flywheel: Perimeter-weighted, 40 lbs.
- Seat: Well-cushioned, 4-way adjustable
- Handlebars: Ergo-formed, soft PVC material, multi-grip
- Pedal: Dual-sided SPD compatible, adjustable strap
- Q-factor: 155 mm
- Emergency brake: Yes
- Water bottle holder: Yes, Included
- Transport wheels: Yes, in the front base
- Fitness monitor: Not included
- Warranty: 1 year- labor and other parts, 3 years-mechanical components, 5 years-structural frames
- Sturdy bike construction supports up to 290 lbs.
- Strong Poly-V belt drive system.
- Comfortable sportbike seat with 4-way adjustability.
- Handlebar has both vertical and horizontal adjustments.
- Narrow Q-factor reduce lateral stress on hips, knees, and ankle.
- Frame’s oversized levelers help in leveling the bike in any uneven surfaces.
- Features emergency brake for instantly stop riding.
- Heavy-duty flywheel helps to deliver smooth and consistent pedaling motion.
- Easily transportable.
- Great warranty.
- Easily assembled.
- Low maintenance.
- No fitness monitor included.
- No integrated pulse sensors.
- Friction resistance might make a squeaking sound.
- No tablet holder.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Is this a durable bike?
Ans: Yes, the bike is designed with a durable and solid steel frame.
- Can I easily operate this bike?
Ans: Yes, you can easily operate the bike.
- Does this bike require lubrication?
Ans: No. Because the bike has a belt drive so it doesn’t require lubrication.
- What is the supported weight of this bike?
Ans: 290 lbs.
Always buy from a trustworthy online site if you are purchasing online. Also, don’t forget to check its review and rating online. Lastly, have a consultation with your doctor if you have any back injury or pain. And if you want the IC3 monitor then you can buy it separately that is available in the market.
Matrix Livestrong IC3 is a stylish-looking bike with a lot of amazing features. That includes sturdy frame design, heavy flywheel, friction-based resistance that gives a smooth ride and of course a comfortable ride in the well-cushioned seat.
So, if you consider overall then it’s a great bike to buy. But the only pros factor is that the fitness monitor of the bike is missing. Otherwise, within this price range, you are getting a great deal in warranty and some cool features. Thus, I hope you are going to like this spin bike too.
That’s all now! Thanks for reading our Matrix Livestrong Spin Bike Review.