People look for a Recumbent exercise bike due to some of its great beneficial sides. Such as comfortable workout, great cardiovascular training, lower body toning and of course for its lower impact on joints. Well, there are many recumbent bikes available in the market. But today I want to introduce you to the NordicTrack Vr21 Recumbent exercise bike. It is a commercial-grade bike designed for home use (not commercial use). NordicTrack Vr21 is a low-priced recumbent bike series by the NordicTrack. So, it will be a good choice for you if you’re tight on a budget. The NordicTrack Vr21 has lumbar back support, pleasant design, 32 built-in workout apps with iFit coach compatibility. Besides, it is an ideal bike for people who are undergoing physical recovery. There are many sides of the NordicTrack Vr21 bike to discover. Therefore, let us directly move into the NordicTrack Recumbent Bike Review.
This NordicTrack Vr21 exercise bike is the cheapest model released by the NordicTrack. Though the bike is misnamed as a commercial bike however, it is specifically designed for home use only.
Bike has a sturdy construction of commercial-gauge steel frames that has a maximum weight bearing capacity up to 350 lbs. The bike weighs 149 lbs. Plus, it comes with a dimension of 54.6” H X 24.2” W X 61.1” L. Moreover, it features a convenient Step thru frame design so you can get on and off the bike easily. Now, the NordicTrack Vr21 series is designed in such a way to offer you a low-impact exercise that is gentle with your bone joints and muscles. Plus, pedals are out in front of you not under you. Thus, it takes off extra pressure and weight off your lower body. Also, you can extend your leg a bit for a comfortable workout.
Besides, transport wheels are also integrated into the frame so that you can easily relocate this recumbent bike after the workout.
Resistance system of the bike features OneTouch® Controls that allow you to change your resistance easily. Again, it has 25 resistance levels that are digitally controlled by the computer. Here, you can enable easy to tough levels of resistance as per your wish. By varying the resistance while your workout, you can get a higher heart rate and burn more calories. Plus, with these 25 resistance settings, you can get a challenging physical workout.
Again a 20 lbs. effective inertia enhanced flywheel is included in the bike. But the flywheel is not that heavy enough in comparison with the price. However, this flywheel may offer you a smooth ride with a more natural stride.
Seat and Handlebars:
Seat of the NordicTrack Vr21 is ergonomically designed and has a wide and well-cushioned seat. It also features a mesh-ventilated backrest for lumbar back support. As a result, there’s plenty of airflows that will prevent you from sweating while you exercise. You can adjust the entire seat both vertically and horizontally to get your perfect fit.
Handlebars consist of grip EKG sensors that measure your pulse rate. While it also comprised of in-handle controls. So that you can fine-tune your workout without withdrawing the hands from the handles. There are two sets of handlebars present on the bike. One set of handlebars is placed in front of you where the other set is situated near to the bike’s seat.
Console of the exercise bike has a 5-inch backlit iFit LED screen. The screen is adjustable and has a wide viewing angle so you easily track your progress. Plus, it is very easy to operate with a single touch on the screen. And it has iPod-compatible Port and 2” speakers.
Moreover, console of the bike tracks speed, time, distance, RPM, and caloric burn. Besides this bike comes with 32 built-in workout apps, designed by certified personal trainers. Well, each of the apps will supervise and vary the resistance levels accordingly. Again, these 32 workout apps will benefit you with endurance, calorie burn and performance.
Furthermore, with iFit coach subscription, you will have access to unlimited virtual workout programs. As a result, it will keep you more engaged in achieving your fitness goals.
Pedals of the bike are extra wide and have adjustable straps and it is situated in front of your legs. Therefore, it takes off additional weight from your lower body. And distribute the weight equally to your whole body. Moreover, with this pedal design, you can extend your legs to an extent that is necessary for a comfortable workout.
AutoBreezeTM workout fan is featured in this recumbent bike, it automatically fine-tunes as per the intensity of your workout. Hence it keeps you cool and fresh during the workout time.
A water bottle holder is included to keep you hydrated in case you get thirsty or tired from the strenuous workout.
Moreover, the bike has a media shelf or tablet holder to keep your tablet there to enjoy movies or music.
- Product’s weight: 149 lbs.
- Dimensions: 54.6” H X 24.2” W X 61.1” L
- Supported weight: 350 lbs.
- Type: Recumbent
- Brand: NordicTrack
- Model: NordicTrack Commercial Vr21
- Resistance: 25 levels, OneTouch® featured
- Flywheel: Balanced flywheel, 20 lbs.
- Seat: Adjustable, ergonomic wide and well-padded seat
- Handlebars: Mounted EKG grip pulse sensors
- Console: 5’’ backlit LED screen, iFit coach compatible, 32-built in workout apps
- Pedals: Extra wide with adjustable foot straps
- Transport wheels: Yes
- Extras: AutoBreeze workout fans, water bottle holder, 2 speakers, Tablet holder.
- Warranty: Labor: 1 year, Parts: 2 years, Frame: lifetime. Also provides 30-days money-back guarantee
- Digitally controlled resistance system with OneTouch® Controls for adjusting 25 levels of resistance quickly.
- iFit coach enabled console with 5’’ backlit LED screen tracks valuable workout stats.
- 32 built-in workout apps designed by certified personal trainers, challenge you to achieve your fitness goals.
- EKG Grip sensors mounted on the handlebars to track your pulse.
- Wide, well-cushioned seat with mesh ventilated backrest for lumbar back support.
- Pedals with adjustable foot straps secure your feet firmly during the ride.
- 20 lbs. effective inertia enhanced flywheel gives a smooth ride and natural stride.
- AutoBreeze workout fan adjusts according to the intensity of your workout to keep you stay cool and active.
- A water bottle holder is also included to keep you hydrated.
- iFit Coach training gives you access to unlimited virtual workout programs.
- Can I stand up while riding the bike?
Ans: No, you can’t as it is a recumbent bike.
- What is the bike’s weight limit?
Ans: 350 lbs.
- Is it an iPod compatible?
Ans: Yes, it is iPod compatible.
- Does this bike come with the wireless chest strap?
Ans: No, you need to buy the wireless chest strap separately.
I don’t have much to say here as it seems quite a fine exercise bike to me. But one thing keeps in mind before your purchase online. That is always makes deal with the trustworthy sites that has a good customer experience. And don’t forget to inspect thoroughly if it’s the expected bike you are looking for or not.
The Final Words:
The NordicTrack Vr21 is a pretty tempting bike for its low-price range. Besides the recumbent bike provides a safe and comfortable workout. The low impact cardiovascular workout helps you burn calories and fat and tone your lower body muscles. Moreover, it is kind to your joints. So, I think overall it is a great exercise bike for home use. However, one shouldn’t expect life-long durability at this price. Honestly speaking, then this bike worth a chance for its amazing features and extras.
I hope you like it too.
Thanks for reading our NordicTrack Recumbent Bike Review!
Exercise bike related another posts
- Best stationary bike for home
- Best elliptical for under $500
- mini exercise bike
- best stationary bike
- Best Cheapest Exercise Bike
- foldable exercise bike
- best folding exercise bike
- Best Folding Exercise Bike for Short Person
- Exercise Bike for seniors
- best upright exercise bike
- best exercise bike recumbent
- exercise bike for losing weight
- best exercise bike