So, Norflex Spin Bike SPX200 review, huh? Looks like you are someone who is looking forward to making your body far better than ever. Or maybe you are an athlete or professional who needs to stay fit for the good of their career. That might be the only reason for you to look for a spin bike. If you are just a normal person who wants to make himself or herself fit by using a spin bike, then don’t. The spin bikes are special bikes that are only beneficial to the professionals. If others start using a spin bike randomly then it will cause many health problems instead of benefitting the health. We will discuss all that eventually. But right now, it is time for you to learn about the Norflex spin bike SPX200.
One of the most important components of an exercise bike is its flywheel. This product also has a flywheel that weighs 13 kg and made of heavy-duty cast iron. This is equivalent to almost 29 pounds. As it is a spin type exercise bike, it is very normal to have such heavy flywheels. The flywheel is the thing that provides you the most resistance while riding an exercise bike. The intensity of exercise directly depends on the weight of the flywheel. So when you buy an exercise bike, you should seek heavyweight flywheels as much as you can bear.
The flywheel of this bike is connected with the pedals with an automotive-grade belt drive system. The resistance system of this exercise bike is also operated with it. There is an adjustable knob that lets you control the resistance. From cycling on a regular plain surface to climbing a hill with a cycle; you can get any amount of resistance you want.
It seems that the seat of this machine remains ignored for quite a lot. As it is an indoor cycling bike, do not expect to have a big cushioned and soft saddle. Its seat is just like a bike contains. Standard racing bicycle PU leather seat. The bonus is that the position of the seat is adjustable in up or down or forward or backward. And the most interesting fact is that it also has angular adjustment. That means even the angle of the seating position is adjustable.
For giving the bike an excellent look, the manufacturers have not compromised the construction of it. It is made of tubular steel made frames along with a three-piece crank system for a robust structure. It is so strong that it can withstand any vigorous exercise you perform with it. And the maximum user weight that the bike can withstand is about 330 pounds.
Not to forget about the pedals. They are also strong and made of strong steel. The pedals also have toe cages with them. The toe cages are used in the exercise bikes mostly to ensure safe pedaling with them. These cages prevent the feet of the user to slip accidentally.
There are handlebars with the machine which are also designed to be extended so that the user can hold on to it anywhere he or she feels comfortable. There is another special feature in the handlebar. This machine has a heart rate sensor that is placed on the handlebar. When you hold on to the handlebars, the sensor will measure your heart pulse rate during exercise and show the result on the digital monitor.
Speak of the monitor; I almost forgot to tell you about the electronic console this machine has. There is a 4 inch LCD monitor which comes with the product to keep the track of you work out progress. You will see the time, speed, distance, odometer, heart pulse rate, amount of calories burnt during exercise on it.
There is also a phone holder right beside the console where you can put your phone or iPod if you want recreation and exercise at the same time. You can browse on the internet, watch your favorite series on Netflix or just simply listen to music while exercising. There is an additional steel water bottle you will get with the product with its holder as a bonus.
For transportation purposes, you can easily transport it from one place to another with the small transportation wheels. Transportation of this machine will not be of any trouble as it does not weigh much.
- Made of 3 piece crank system and tubular steel frames for giving the bike a strong construction so that it may withstand any vigorous workouts.
- An additional phone holder where you can put any electronic device which has the shape of a phone such as an iPod or any other phone to entertain yourself at the time of exercise.
- PU leather racing cycle seat with 4-way adjustable feature and an angularly adjustable feature.
- 29 pounds weighing heavy flywheel for ensuring that the user can get a harsh exercise every time they use it.
- Toe caged strong steel pedal for comfortable and safe pedaling with the indoor exercise bikes.
- Multi-function LCD monitor which shows the real-time record of time, speed, distance, odometer, heart pulse rate, burnt calories, etc.
- Brand name : NORFLEX
- Model name : SPX200B
- Weight : 62 pounds
- Dimension : 101 x 48.5 x 106-116 cm
- Max user weight : 330 pounds
- Flywheel : Heavy duty cast iron flywheel
- Flywheel weight : 29 pounds
- Resistance : Adjsutable
- Seat : Racing cycle seat, PU leather, 5 way adjustable
- Pedals : Strong steel pedals
- Toe cage : Yes
- Handlebars : 2 way adjustable; hand pulse sensors
- Drive system : Automotive grade belt drive
- Monitor : 4’’ commercial LCD multiple statistics display
- Statistics : Time, speed, distance, scan, odometer, heart pulse rate, burnt calories
- Colors : White, black, red
- Floor levelers : Yes
- Transport wheels: Yes
- Phone holder : Yes
- Bottle holder : Yes
- Battery : Not included
- Amazon ratings : 3.4 out of 5
- 1 spin exercise bike
- 1 user manual
- 1 exercise ball
- 1 water bottle
- Assembly kit
- Adjustable resistance
- Exercise ball
- Heavy flywheel
- Silent operation
- Adjustable seat
- Adjustable handlebars
- Strong pedals
- Bottle holder
- Water bottle
- Phone holder
- Heart pulse rate sensor
- Rich display
- Adjustable seat post
- Steel frames
- The maximum height of handlebars could be a bit low for some users.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Is this bike transportable?
Ans: Yes. There are transportation wheels that help you to move it.
2. Is the assembly of this exercise bike too hard?
3. Can I assemble it all by myself?
Ans: Yes! An assembly kit comes with the product. You can easily assemble the bike with it.
4. Is the seat uncomfortable?
Ans: No. This is just not extra-large and foamed and padded like other types of exercise bikes.
5. Will it make excessive noise?
Ans: No, the bike is quiet.
The usual buying guide contains a final verdict at the end of which product is the best. But as you have already decided on this exercise bike, there is nothing to decide. But I still have some suggestions that may come handy.
When you are buying this product see that if you are getting the actual product or a used one. Also, see how long it may last with your estimated use. And most importantly, is this product is up to your expectation or not.