A top comfort exercise bike that boosts cardio health and enhances performance is the choice of any user. The ProForm 8.0 EX upright bike is one of it that makes your workout more efficient and fruitful. ProForm 8.0 is an upright bike that provides interesting features similar to any commercial-grade quality. It is also compatible with iFit technology, makes it easier to reach your fitness goals. Plus, it is a low-priced upright bike having a sound system and tablet holder. Definitely adding some fun in your workout. Besides the bike includes 25 magnetic resistance levels, 30 workout programs and a smart console for iFit coach. Well, the bike has a lot of features that will be discussed further. So, without any due let’s get into the ProForm Spin Bike Reviews.
Upright bike ProForm 8.0 EX ‘s frame and parts are made of steel tubing that features an anti-corrosive finish.
Front base of the bike has transport wheels which is why the bike is easily movable. While the rear base includes a small handle to help the inclination of the bike forward on its wheels. Moreover, the rear base features adjustable stabilizers present on their ends. However, the front base of the bike is settled on two small pads. You can use a mat underneath the bike to prevent floor damage or to maximize the bike’s stability.
Resistance and Drive System:
This ProForm 8.0 EX upright bike has an eddy current, magnetic resistance system. Here, the magnetic resistance system means the resistance is produced by fixing the magnetic pulls. Plus, the bike offers 25 levels of resistance which can be controlled by the console only. Hence, the equipment requires a 120v nominal power circuit connection. Top resistance levels exist above level 20 that enable quite a challenge for you. However, you can change the resistance freely as you pedal. Again, in the case of iFit programs, the resistance will vary automatically.
Drive system of ProForm 8.0 EX bike features a heavy-duty V-belt that is stretch resistant and durable. As the bike has an eddy current resistance system, so it features a magnetic flywheel. Though the flywheel weighs 16 lbs. but still, it delivers a smooth and steady pedaling motion.
Console of the ProForm 8.0 EX spin bike has some exclusive features and functions. Firstly, the console includes 30-built in preset workout programs that auto-adjust the resistance. Following some of the programs are included in the 30 preset programs:
- Intensity programs
- Speed-oriented programs
- Hill programs
- Calorie burning programs
- Heart rate test programs
While it also lets you set up targets for time, distance, calories, and a trail function. Well, the trail functions mean distance in ¼ mile (400 m).
Also, the console screen tracks various workout stats. Such as time, distance, speed, calories, calories per hour and pulse and current resistance levels.
This smart console is compatible with the iFit fitness database that needs an iFit module for connection. However, the module is not handy with the exercise bike but you can buy it separately. Basically, iFit offers you to work out on various tracks around the world with the help of GoogleMaps. Using the iFit database you can handle your workout data to a superior level. Besides you can contest with other users over different tracks.
iFit database requires Wi-Fi connection and it can connect to any electronic device such as smartphones, tablets, etc. Likewise, the console is Bluetooth enabled. But you can only read pulse via Bluetooth when you use a compatible HR chest strap transmitter.
Furthermore, the ProForm 8.0 EX upright bike features some following extras. Such as:
- Tablet holder tray: It is placed at the top of the console but it doesn’t block the view of the console screen.
- Sound system: This sound system goes with any MP3 players and smartphones and gives a decent sound quality.
- 2-speed fan: Though it is not that strong, still supply enough cooling while you work out.
- USB charging port.
Seat and Handlebars:
Seat of the bike is designed ergonomically which a bit wider and well-padded with cushion. It is also 4-way adjustable and contoured. The seat post includes 14 adjustable holes at a 1-inch distance from one another. As a result, any users can adapt their suitable seat height. Moreover, the bike’s seat decreases the impact on the tail-bone and the lower back.
This bike’s seat can accommodate users having a height range from 5′ to 6’5. Plus, the maximum weight capacity of the bike is up to 300 lbs.
Handlebars of the bike are covered with rubberized foam and it is angle-adjustable. However, you can’t adjust it to the extreme.
Again, the handlebars have a multi-grip design with the integrated elbow rests. There are pulse sensors at the top grips of the handlebars. Thus, the pulse can be tracked in the console via grip contact.
Pedal and Crank System:
Pedals are extra wide with adjustable foot straps that are both durable and comfortable. In case you are not using the foot straps, then they are ribbed design to firmly secure your feet. Additionally, the pedals are weighted that turns up automatically.
Crank of the bike is hooked up with a wheel that has a larger diameter than the flywheel. As a result, the crank system of the bike renders smooth pedaling motion. Here, ProForm features a 3-piece crankset including two solid steel crank arms. Even though the crank and the wheel are securely attached but still it’s not recommended to ride an upright bike in standing position.
Assembly and Storage:
The assembly of ProForm 8.0 EX upright bike is pretty easy. A manual instruction guide comes along with the bike. So that you can follow the guidelines for easy assembly of the exercise bike. Parts of the bike are attached. Transmission belts, flywheel, crank, and the resistance mechanism are pre-assembled. Also covered up the guard. Only you have to attach the following bike’s part:
- Seat post
- Console mast
But the console attachment might get a bit tricky. Because you got to connect the wire with different small bolts and parts that come handy with the bike. Anyways the whole bike assembly doesn’t take more than an hour. Plus, you can easily assemble the bike following the manual guide step by step.
In case of maintenance, you don’t have to do much. All you have to do is to keep it dust free and check for loose bolts and parts. Retighten them when it is necessary.
- Product’s weight: 119 lbs. (when assembled)
- Max. weight: 300 lbs.
- Dimension: Length: 42’’ X Width: 23’’ X Height: 61.5’’
- Type: Upright
- Brand: ProForm
- Flywheel: 16 lbs.
- Resistance: Magnetic resistance, 25 levels
- Seat: Well-cushioned, 4-way adjustable
- Handlebars: With grip pulse sensors and elbow rests
- Pedals: Adjustable straps and weighted
- Console: 30 workout programs, iFit compatible, adjustable console Angles. Tracks distance, pulse, resistance, speed, time, calories.
- Extras: Water bottle holder, USB charging port, speakers, fan,media shelf
- Warranty: Frame lifetime, parts 2 years and labor 1 yea
- Console controlled magnetic resistance system that has 25 levels enable you to have customized workouts.
- Heavy-duty V-belt drive is extremely resistive to stretching and durable.
- 16 lbs. of flywheel deliver smooth and quiet operation of the ProForm 8.0 EX spin bike.
- 3-piece crankset includes two solid steel crank arms that help in a smooth pedaling motion.
- Console of the ProForm 8.0 EX bike has 30 built-in-workout programs. Moreover, it is compatible with iFit technology, EKG grip pulse, and Bluetooth enabled.
- Bike’s saddle is wide, well-cushioned and 4-way adjustable.
- Pulse readability via an HR chest strap transmitter.
- Handlebars covered with rubberized foam, features elbow rests and has grip sensors.
- Ergonomically designed foot pedals are weighted and come with adjustable strap.
- 4-way adjustable, well-cushioned seat.
- 25 magnetic resistance levels.
- 30 preset workout programs.
- Compatible with iFit technology.
- 2’’ stereo speaker sound system.
- 2-speed cooling fan.
- Media shelf for holding smartphones and tablets.
- Water bottle holder.
- Transport wheels are given.
- Grip pulse sensors measure the heart rate.
- Compact size.
- USB charging port.
- Flexible price.
- Flywheel is not that much powerful for stronger cyclists.
- An HR chest strap is not included.
- iFit module is not given, have to buy it separately.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I stand up on the bike while riding up the bike?
Ans: Though the bike is heavy, it still recommended not to stand up in the bike while riding.
- Is this a perfect bike for stronger cyclists?
Ans: It will not be the perfect bike for stronger cyclists as the flywheel is only 16 lbs.
- Do I need to buy the HR chest strap separately?
Ans: Yes, you will have to buy the chest strap separately as it is not included with the bike.
ProForm 8.0 EX is an amazing upright bike but if you are buying it online then do it from a trustworthy site. You can also consult with your doctor before buying the bike if you have any back pain or injury.
The ProForm 8.0 EX is an excellent upright bike for muscle toning, cardio workout, stamina building, and weight loss. Likewise, it’s a great bike for light to medium workout, that gives low-impact on your joints. This bike will help you to burn up to 5-600 calories per hour. Therefore considering, comfort, price, sturdiness, and effectiveness it’s a great lightweight commercial upright bike. So, that’s it for now and I hope you like our ProForm Spin Bike Reviews.
Thanks for reading!