Let me assume that you know a little about Schwinn before you came here to read the Schwinn Journey 2.0 Recumbent bike review. So that you are making sure whether the exercise equipment can meet up your expectations. Plus, the money you will invest in this equipment will be worth it or not. Well, let me tell you that it’s a great recumbent bike with its provided features at a super friendly budget. Again, if you are not buying my words then I hope the further details about this Recumbent bike may assure you that. So, let us see some more information about Schwinn Journey 2.0 Recumbent bike.
The other name of the Schwinn Journey 2.0 recumbent bike is Schwinn 230. They are similar exercise bikes with the same construction design, specifications, and features.
Brief introduction to the Schwinn Journey 2.0 recumbent bike:
The Schwinn Journey 2.0 features perimeter-weighted flywheel of high speed and high inertia. It is called perimeter-flywheel because this particular perimeter weight design produces inertia as a reaction for the stroke it receives. Hence, you will get smooth and steady strokes when you rotate the wheel. So, you will get 360-degree pedal strokes and with this kind of stroke your hips, knees, and muscles will encounter less stress while working out. You will receive a stronger and more effective workout when you are smoothly enjoying the exercise in a more balanced way.
The Schwinn Journey 2.0 bike utilizes a vortex current resistance system to create resistance when you work out. It is usually a brake system that associates a magnetic yoke with electrical coils to produce vertical magnetic resistance to the exercise bike. You will encounter more accurate resistance control and measurements as this bike utilizes the same technology used in a high-speed train. Plus, the system is quite durable because it has no mechanical approach that can wear it down eventually. Moreover, when you will adjust the resistance system then you won’t get any sound or smell.
The Schwinn recumbent bike has 20 resistance levels which are situated on the main control panel of the unit.
The Schwinn journey 2.0 recumbent bike has a Dual Track 2 LCD window system. Well, the Dual Track 2 LCD window is comprised of 2 windows made of an LCD screen on the console of the machine. These 2 displays give more detailed information about your work out. The console displays time, distance, RPM, pulse rate, speed, levels, and caloric burn. Moreover, the console supports the USB port system so that you can charge up your mobile, tablets and any other media device when you are working out. You can also upload the data record of your workout to the website SchwinConnect to see your weekly, monthly, or yearly fitness progress. It is also compatible with MyFitnessPal.
Well, you might feel uncomfortable while sitting on the Schwinn’s bike seat as they are made of plastic and the seat isn’t well padded. It may be more sensitive to some people. While you may also need to use a cushion to keep your rear end and back in a comfortable position for a longer workout.
The bike may look like made of plastic but it is capable of bearing the maximum weight limit of 300 pounds effortlessly.
In this Schwinn journey 2.0 bike, you can get a challenging workout by keeping yourself in a relaxed posture. The exercise bike can drift on the rail to adjust many positions for the user of different height and weight. Besides, the chasm on the seat provides air ventilation. Working out in this bike gives you minimum stress over your lower back and offers balanced support.
The pedal of the exercise bike is a 1-piece pedal crank which is a standard pedal and it also has a toe strap. This gives your feet a firm attachment to the pedal so you can pedal smoothly.
The Schwinn 2.0 bike is comprised of 22 programs. That includes 9 profile programs, 1 manual program, 8 heart rate programs, 2 fitness test programs, 2 custom programs.
- Weight : Approx. 81.6 pounds
- Dimensions : Approx. 64” L x 27.2” W x 49.9” H
- Flywheel: perimeter weighted flywheel
Capacity : up to 300 pounds
- Pedal Crank : 1-piece Machine’s
The Schwinn 2.0 exercise bike features a high speed and high inertia perimeter-weighted flywheel. The perimeter flywheel can produce inertia whenever it receives a stroke. Hence you will get a steady and smooth stroke whenever you spin the wheel.
In each round of pedal spin, you can get 360-degree pedal strokes. This kind of stroke reduces the stress over your knees, hip and muscles. As a result, you can get the feeling of a more smooth, safer and enjoyable workout that is effective for your long-term fitness goals. Plus, the mechanism of the flywheel minimizes the noise level.
Schwinn’s Tension Resistance
The Schwinn 2.0 indoor exercise bike utilizes a whirlpool current tension system to generate tension during your workout. The tension resistance is a brake system that associates electrical coils with a magnetic yoke to create vertical magnetic resistance to the equipment. Here High-speed train technology is implemented. Hence you can have more control over resistance and measurements. Plus, due to lacking mechanical contact the system won’t wear down with time. The resistance provides 0 sound while your workout. In Schwinn 2.0 bike you can have 20 tension resistance levels which are situated on the main control panel of the unit.
The Schwinn 2.0 indoor bike’s computer console is comprised of Dual track 2 LCD window system. So, what is the Dual-track 2 LCD window system?
Well, they are 2 windows made of LCD situated at the console of the machine. The size of the upper display is 3 inches by 5 inches and the lower display’s size is 1 inch by 5 inches.
The upper display has a relatively larger LCD screen than the lower display. It is situated at the center and top of the computer’s console.
The display screen is segmented into sections that inform you about the workout’s information. Plus, the screen displays preset function items that already have input into the computer.
The left side of the upper display shows the intensity of your workout. The very left corner of it contains the number of 1-10 that exhibits the current intensity level of the workout.
On the panel’s right side, you can see the heart rate zone that displays your current heart rate zone. You can consider this heart rate zone as your guide to a certain targeted workout like the fat burn, aerobic, anaerobic workout, etc.
You can also look for other minor displays in the mid-center, below the main course profile. Such as Goal display, User display, and the Achievement display.
The lower display screen shows data such as RPM (revolutions per minute), time, distance, speed, heart rate, resistance level, and caloric burn, etc.
The seat of the Schwinn 2.0 journey is designed to be wider to provide more comfort. The seat is perforated and the seatback is designed to provide rest to your back so that you can work out comfortably. And it allows airflow through it to keep you cool. You can adjust the backrest of the seat to enhance lower back support. The entire seating system is supported by a slider seat rail system that has a lever so you can move forward or backward during the workout. Overall all the seat’s elements can give comfort and balance.
However, the seat is not well cushioned and also made of plastic. Hence after a certain time, it may be uncomfortable to work out. And some people might be sensitive to this issue so they might be using the cushion to keep away from discomfort in a longer workout.
Even if the bike looks not so supportive due to its plastic looks. But still, the bike seat can handle the maximum weight limit up to 300 pounds very easily.
Pedals and Crank
The Schwinn bike pedal is a 1-piece pedal crank with toe straps. It is a standard pedal with toe straps that enable firm attachment of your toe to the pedal. So that your toe doesn’t slip and you can pedal stroke energetically.
Other Bike’s Components
The Schwinn journey 2.0 bike also features 3-speed fans, 3 LED tracking lights, a water bottle holder, and a transport wheel. It also includes a sealed acoustic chamber speaker for a high-quality sound system. In this indoor exercise bike, you can enjoy 22 preset programs on the computer. Such as 9 profile programs, 1 manual program, 8 heart rate programs (4 beginners and 4 advanced), 2 Custom programs and 2 Fitness Test programs (1 beginner and one advanced).
- Schwinn 2.0 exercise bike includes the Dual Track 2 LCD windows system that monitors 13 different display feedbacks.
- The Schwinn 2.0 is comprised of 20 levels of tension resistance.
- High speed and high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for the smooth and consistent workout.
- Computer console has preset 22 programs (9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 custom users defined, 1 quick start and 2 fitness tests).
- Slider seat rails are present with a quick and easy level for the fore and aft seat adjustment.
- The exercise bike has a 3-speed fan, 3 LED tracking lights, and a water bottle holder.
- The Schwinn bike has a sealed acoustic chamber for HD clarity sound.
- Supports USB port connection.
- The indoor bike has vented seat bottom with contoured legs. The seat is combined with a large vented backrest to make you feel comfortable and cool while you work out.
- The maximum weight holding capacity is 300 pounds.
- AC power adapter is included.
- Comparatively less expensive.
- The bike has 10 quick keys for resistance.
Resistance : -20 levels of tension resistance – Eddy current magnetic brake
Flywheel: -perimeter weighted flywheel
LCD Display: Dual Track 2 LCD windows system
- Upper screen- 3” x 5”
- Lower screen- 1” x 5”
Preset programs: 22 programs that include:
- 9 profile
- 8 heart-rate control (4 beginners, 4 advanced)
- 2 custom users defined
- 2 fitness tests (1 beginner, 1 advanced)
- 1 quick start
Pedal Crank : 1-piece Machine’s
Weight : Approx. 81.6 pounds
Dimensions : Approx. 64” L x 27.2” W x 49.9” H
Power : Electric, 110v-120v, 60Hz, 1.5A with AC power adapter included
Sound System : MP3 input in sealer acoustic chamber
User weight Capacity : up to 300 pounds
Warranty : Labor – 90 days / Electrical – 1 years / Mechanical – 2 years /Frame – 10 yea
- This bike model is only perfect for people of height 5 ft to 6 ft. Anybody taller or shorter than this height will have to look for other models of the bike.
- The LCD screen doesn’t contain backlit that makes difficult to read console display at night.
- Some people may find it uncomfortable to sit in the plastic seat during the longer workout. As the seat is not well padded.
- You might get a static shock while connecting any electrical device such as phone, tablet, etc. to the machine. So, be careful when you make any connection with the bike.
- It might tough to move around easily when you connect the adapter cord to the plug.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the power adapter present on the bike?
Ans: AC power adapter is included in the bike.
- What is the maximum weight-bearing capacity of the bike?
Ans: The exercise bike can handle weight up to 300 pounds or 136 kilograms.
- How many tension resistances are there on the bike?
Ans: There are 20-levels of tension resistance in the bike.
- Does the bike support MP3 input?
Ans: Yes, it does.
- Is the bike durable?
Ans: Yes, the bike is very durable because most of the bike’s steel.
Before buying the bike check the review and ratings online. Make sure you are getting the expected product when buying it from any online site. Also, consult your doctor before you purchase the bike if you have any back pain or any issues related to that.
The Schwinn Journey 2.0 is an amazing recumbent bike that features 20 resistance levels, 22 workout programs, and mp3 system, high speed, and high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel, Dual Track windows system in a very reasonable price. Well, the seat could make a little issue otherwise it’s the best buy for you if you consider all the multifarious and amazing functionality of the bike.
So, I hope you like our Schwinn Journey 2.0 Recumbent Bike Review. Thank for reading.
To see our exercise bike related posts
- Healthrider n35 exercise bike review
- kettler giro s spin bike review
- L Now Spin Bike Reviews
- Proform recumbent bike reviews
- Schwinn active 20 recumbent bike reviews
- Xterra SB550 recumbent bike review
- XTERRA Spin Bike Review
- True es700 recumbent bike review
- Reviews for fitnation recumbent bike
- free spirit recumbent bike reviews
- Keiser M3 Spin Bike Review
- Powertrain spin bike review
- ion spin bike review
- Cybex cr 750 r recumbent bike reviews
- Exerpeutic LX7 Spin Bike Review
- Body Flex Magnetic Recumbent Bike Reviews
- NORFLEX Spin Bike SPX200 Review
- best upright exercise bike
- best exercise bike recumbent
- best exercise bike for losing weight