Get in a good shape with this commercial-grade Star Trac NXT Spin bike. Star Trac NXT is a commercial-grade bike that is used for both gym and home workout. The indoor bike is well known for providing flexibility and comfort. Also, it is user-friendly workout equipment that features a serious look. Its sturdy construction makes it more suitable for an intense workout. However, it may lack a bit in luxuries like any other spin bike. But still, it will keep you engaged during the longer workout session. Anyways, this is some basic information about this spin bike. Now, let us directly get into the Star Trac NXT Spin Bike Reviews.
Frame and Flywheel:
Bike’s frame is made of steel that is designed with zinc dip coating for exclusive rust protection. Beside the bike’s frame consists of heavy-duty steel that is perfect for doing intense workout safely. The entire bike weighs 133 lbs. and once you set up the bike perfectly then it won’t move or shake. Hence, you can get in and out of the bike harmlessly and focus more on the workout.
Indoor bike Star Trac NXT comes with a heavy flywheel of 38 lbs. weight. Thus, you can enjoy a smooth ride once you start the bike and also when applying resistance. Moreover, you can’t feel whether you are in the wrong gear or any bounce while pedaling the bike.
Plus, the feet on the stabilizer bars are adjustable. So that it can prevent any rocking while you are pedaling or spinning on an uneven area.
Star Trac NXT features 20 levels of non-magnetic resistance system. Here you can enable several levels of intensity for hill climbs and harder workouts. Just by turning the resistance and brake knob beneath the handlebars. Turning the knob clockwise you can have harder resistance. While turning anti-clockwise you can ease off the resistance levels. Applied resistance is very steady so there is no instability or loosen it off while you cycle. Moreover, the resistance is steady with pressure. Likewise, with a certain amount of resistance each time you need by adjusting the knob to a certain degree.
However, sometimes it gets hard to turn the knob because there is no marking for resistance levels in the bike. Therefore, sometimes it gets tough to go back to the previous resistance level if anyone else had used the bike earlier.
This indoor exercise bike has a chain drive system to turn the flywheel, similar to the outdoors bike. A chain drive is housed inside a guard to protect it from the sweat drops. Moreover, it keeps away your ankle or clothing from getting caught in the chain. But the chain-driven system makes a slight noise when you pedal the bike. Unlike a belt drive system, the chain drive requires lubrication for a smooth operation. Thus, it has more maintenance than the belt drive.
Seat and Handlebars:
Spin bike Star Trac NXT features a standard seat bike. Bike’s seat is slightly padded with foam. For this reason, it might be uncomfortable for a lot of people. As a result, you can try using the bike shorts with padding or gel seat cover. Again, if you want then you can replace the original seat with any other standard size bike seat.
Handlebars of the bike are covered with a rubberized grip. Rubberized grip is for a superior grip and prevents blisters and your hand from slipping due to the sweat. Handlebars are designed for the standard grips of spinning. This is mainly needed when you are warming up your shoulder wide apart in the center for more leverage. And also, when standing out of the seat for the hill climbs at the end of the bars.
Both of the seat and handlebars are adjustable in the horizontal and vertical direction. As a result, you can adjust it according to your body fit for getting the most effective workout.
You can vertically adjust them by loosening and pulling the pop-pin knobs in the adjustment tubes. And then sliding the poles to the nearby hole for your required size. Once you are done getting it in the right posture, then you can stiffen up the knobs to keep them in place.
Again, the horizontal adjustments of the seat and handlebar are continuous. Hence, you can adjust as per your need within the range. Besides, you aren’t limited to the pre-set holes.
This indoor spin can adjust the maximum user weight up to 350 lbs. While user having a height range between 4’10” and 6’10” can ride this bike.
Dual-sided pedals come with toe-cages on one side and SPD fittings on the other side. Adjustable straps are also included in case you want to fit your shoes in the toe cages. These spares straps come in the bike’s spare parts kits.
In case you don’t like the pedal, you can replace it with any other standard bike pedals.
Freewheeling is not possible to do in this cycle because it has fixed gear.
Here the resistance knob can act as a brake. When you push down hard on the resistance knob then it immediately stops the wheel.
Q-factor of this bike is 158 mm that is good for a spin bike. Because with narrower Q-factor you can feel as natural ride and lesser chances of injury.
Assembly and Maintenance:
Assembly of the Star Trac NXT cycle is pretty easy as it comes partly assembled. Thus, you don’t have much to do. All the necessary apparatus needed for assembly are included. While the frame and the flywheel are already assembled. Now, you only need to attach the following parts:
- The pedals
- Stabilizer bars
- Adjustment poles
- Water bottle holder
All the important instructions for the bike’s assembly is provided in the manual guide with pictures and diagrams. So, assembling the bike will be like a piece of cake.
Proper maintenance of the bike is listed in the instruction manual guide of the bike. That includes wiping off the bike, inspecting loose bolts and parts, tightening them. Also, lubricate the chain drive regularly for a smooth and consistent ride. And replacing the resistance pad when needed.
- Item’s weight: 133 lbs.
- Dimension: 54 Length X 21 Width X 40 Height
- Max. weight: 350 lbs.
- Resistance: Non-magnetic, 20 levels
- Drive: Chain-driven system
- Frame: Heavy steel design with Zinc dip coating
- Flywheel: Heavy, 38 lbs.
- Seat: Adjustable both vertically and horizontally
- Handlebars: Adjustable both vertically and horizontally
- Pedal: Dual-pedal, toe-cages and adjustable straps
- Q-factor: 158 mm
- Warranty: 10 years for frame, 2 years for parts and 1 year on wearable parts.
- Amazon’s rating: 3.1
- Dynamic chain drive system provides original outdoor riding feel.
- Resistance system consists of non-magnetic resistance with 20 levels of adjustment through knob with direct pressure.
- Heavy-duty steel frame designed with Zinc dip coating for great rust prevention and it provide an intense workout.
- Includes emergency brake for safety and in case of emergency.
- Standard bike seat that is slightly padded and if wanted can be replaced with any other standard bike seat.
- Handlebars are covered with rubberized grip for a firm grip and prevent blisters and slipping away of hands while working out.
- Dual-pedals with toe-cages and adjustable straps provide a firm brace to your feet while pedaling.
- Q-factor of the bike is 158 mm, just perfect for a natural ride.
- Dual water bottle holder is available.
- Pedals are dual and come with toe-cage that has SPD fittings.
- The narrow q-factor provides a safe and injury-free, natural ride.
- Sturdy flywheel delivers a nice and smooth operation.
- Easy and Quick assembly and requires low maintenance.
- 20 levels of non-magnetic resistance to picking your preferred one.
- Toe-straps and resistance pads come with the spare parts kit.
- No console provided to track your valuable workout performance and no-preset workout programs available.
- Resistance levels are not marked down for helping you set levels and return to it.
- Not completely noise-free.
- No media shelf for storing books, tablets or mp3 players.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kinds of pedals are given?
Ans: SPD pedals with toe-cages.
- What height range is suitable for riding the bike?
Ans: User having a height range from 4’10” and 6’10” is suitable for this bike riding.
- Is narrow q-factor good for the ride?
Ans: As a general rule, the narrower the q-factor the ride feels more natural and fewer chances of injury. Thus, the narrow q-factor is good for the ride.
If you want to purchase this product online then do check its review and ratings. Also, before you buy the bike, don’t forget to consult with your doctor if you are suffering from any back injury or pain.
Both beginners and experienced users will find this bike more dedicated to giving an intense cardio workout at an affordable price. Plus, once you start working out in the Star Trac NXT then it will be a long-time service. Eventually, it will save you from gym fees and saves your time. So, I find it’s a pretty much great deal for a spin bike. I hope you will find it too.
Thanks for reading our article Star Trac NXT Spin Bike Reviews.