As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever wondered which one is a spin bike after hitting the gym? Although all the exercise bike appears the same initially. But they are different in function and the benefits they provide. Newbies are confused and keep asking questions like “what are spin bikes?”. Well, if you are one of them then you are at the correct spot. Stick to the end of the article to know every necessary detail about a spin bike.
The spin bike is a type of indoor exercise bike designed for rigorous aerodynamic training. It gives you a full-body workout and targets strengthening the major muscles such as the thighs, hips, calves, abs, core, and shoulder. Aside from these, a spin bike helps you to increase speed, stamina, and endurance. Maintain your cardiovascular fitness in a tip-top shape. Well, these are some remarkable spin bike benefits.
Furthermore, it is an ideal stationary bike for someone who is into sports cycling, or racing. A spin bike can give you real-world cycling experience since it can imitate the body position better than regular bikes. While it has a lower handlebar position to keep your body hunched for improved speed on the road. The flywheel in the spin bike stimulates reality-based cycling. Hence, you won’t much miss the outdoors fun during harsh weather or any pandemic.
Spin bikes enable you to stand up while training. As a result, you require more energy to perform this. Hence you burn more calories which maximize weight loss effectively. A study shows strenuous spinning for long hours can burn up to 750-1000 calories depending on your age, weight, fitness status, and gender. So, if you want to attain a good figure indoor then you should look for spin bikes. Here, on our website, we have listed some of the best spin bikes from the burning market.
Features of Spin Bikes:
The features of the spin bike easily blend in with other indoor exercise bikes. So, it gets confusing to catch. However, there are some notable characteristics of the bike that makes it stand out from others. If you can notice these features then you can easily figure out a spin bike.
- Minimal seat padding: You will see a spin bike doesn’t have meaty seat. Because you will exercise on the bike most of the time standing.
- Adjustable seat height: You can lower or higher your seat height according to your reach and convenience.
- Textured handlebars: The handlebar grips are textured to enhance the user’s comfort and to have a firm hold. Besides, it prevents blisters or soreness in your finger.
- Heavy flywheel: Another important feature of a spin bike is the heavier flywheel. The inertia influences it to spin. Still, one needs to put more effort to pedal the bike. As a result, it never fails to deliver an intense workout session. So, it is a great feature for serious trainers and good for joint pain.
- Sturdy large frames: The frames are pretty large and made of sturdy material. So, even if you are an oversized or taller person, the spin bike can handle it quite well.
- Water bottle holders: During laborious training, you need water for hydration. So, water bottle holders are designed for the bike. You don’t have to move from your workstation to fetch some water.
- Reinforced pedals: Pedals are locked into the flywheel. They keep rotating as long as the wheels are turning.
- Manual Resistance: There is a huge range of resistance given in a spin bike. But they can be adjusted manually. It can offer you an almost similar feeling to uphill cycling.
Do Spin Bike Have Console Display?
Most of the spin bike doesn’t feature console display. Although other exercise bikes have a built-in console for tracking different fitness-related stats such as heartbeat, cadence, resistance, distance traveled, time, and burned calories.
But nowadays different brands are trying to bring a console display with the spin bike. So that people can get a competitive workout session and feel motivated to come back for more.
What is the Weight Capacity of a Spin Bike?
Like I mentioned earlier, the frame of a spin bike is made of solid material so it is sturdy and can bear an extensive weight load. Some research showed us that most of the spin bike has a weight load capacity of 350 lbs. So, if you are below that then you can easily use it.
Is it Expensive?
People say “with greater price comes better quality.” Generally, the price of a spin bike is higher than a regular exercise bike. But it strikes a perfect balance with the overall quality it provides. A spin bike focuses more on the mechanical side. So, it is less decorative and simple than other types of exercise bikes. If you can invest in a good spin bike then you don’t have to worry about maintenance. So, it will cover you for a long time.
Is it Worth having an Indoor Spin Bike?
The spin bike is a perfect piece of equipment that can match the level of gym equipment. It is designed to mimic the real riding position hence you can continue an energetic workout. No matter you are a beginner or a professional, it will fulfill the majority of your fitness demands. Considering everything it has and provides; a spin bike is definitely a worthy inclusion in your indoor workout program.
Now that you know “what are spin bikes?” I am sure it has caught quite a good portion of your attention. So, if you are looking for a quality spin bike, I will recommend you to read a hand full of review articles first. This will give you extensive knowledge about different spin bikes. Ultimately, it will guide you in getting the best equipment for your money.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.