Are you looking for the finest quality Spin bike but in a low-price budget? Then your search might end here. Because the XTERRA fitness MB550 is a very budget-friendly quality exercise bike that will help you gain your targeted fitness goal.
The XTERRA MB550 bike has a heavy 48.5 lb. a precision-balanced flywheel that is plated with chrome to prevent corrosion. The bike also has a smooth and quiet belt drive system that can operate like a fixed gear. Plus, it is not required to be oiled like a chain drive system. You can enjoy the pedal motion as it is non-jerky and cycling makes very little sound.
The spin bike XTERRA MB550 comes with a Wireless LCD. The LCD is designed to make your cardio workout more intense and to promote strength workout. It is very easy to read the LCD and it indicates all the important information such as current speed, average speed, max speed, calories burned, distance, timer, display day time and stopwatch, etc.
The spin bike has fully adjustable seats and handlebars which provides a proper fit to the user. Plus, the seat can be customized -forward/backward/up/down, as per the comfort of the user.
The XTERRA MB550 bike is designed with a resistance knob which is situated on the bike frame for easy resistance adjustment. Just only flipping the knob you can increase or decrease the tension level in your bike.
Similarly, the bike also has a knob dial which can quickly activate the braking system in a safe mode by one press. When you will adjust the small flip then it will let you swift and smoothly transit to higher intensity levels.
The XTERRA MB550 Indoor Spin bike is designed quite uniquely. It can hold up to 250 pounds of user weight and 4’9″ to 6’2″ user height. Moreover, it consists of a water bottle holder.
The XTERRA MB550 comes with a 1-year part and labor and lifetime frame warranty. So, it can be said that the XTERRA MB550 bike is being fair to their customers if you all together consider the qualities, warranty and the lower price of the bike.
The XTERRA MB550 has a flywheel of 48.5 pounds that is a precision balanced chrome plated flywheel. It offers a smooth ride. A sweat protection guard is used in the flywheel to keep it protected and dry.
One of the best features of this XTERRA Spin bike is that they have used sweat guard at the top of the flywheel to keep the felt pads and flywheel dry that minimize maintenances.
The bike’s sturdy structure and balanced flywheel render momentum, speed, and a less-impact exercise. The XTERRA MB550 is constructed in such a way that it provides a smooth and road bike cycling experience.
The bike includes friction resistance which is important for a smooth and enjoyable workout session.
The XTERRA MB550 is a friction-based resistance spin bike. It includes a micro-adjust knob with an emergency safety halt. It has the type of resistance that is comprised of the felt-pad brake.
The XTERRA bike has a high-quality felt-pad that makes almost no sound and its durable for a long time. But other spin bikes with friction resistance make noise and the brake pads are needed to replace every few years of use.
With that respect, it’s a nice and smart bike to buy.
The XTERRA MB550 indoor cycle features a small and usual computer screen with no backlight. The computer can indicate the speed, distance, time and burned calories. However, it can’t track RPM or watt/power.
The spin bike’s computer doesn’t support Bluetooth or ANT/+ connectivity. It also doesn’t use radio frequency to sync with the wireless chest straps.
The computer console is wireless and it receives the information from the sensor without using any wire.
It is a very general computer and lacks in technology concerning other bike’s computer. So, it will tough for you to preserve your progress from the fitness app or you can’t virtually join any cycling competitions.
Seat and Handlebars
This indoor XTERRA MB550 spin bike includes 4-way adjustable handlebars. The handlebars feature some positions like Cross, Aero and Bull-Horn grip while excluding the drop bars.
This fitness spin bike has a seat that can be adjusted in 4 directions- up/down and for/aft. The seat includes a narrow high-performance spinning style. Stainless steel is used in the seat post and handlebar stem.
The XTERRA MB550 execise bike is quite comfortable and easy to adjust for their adjustable seat and handlebars. Different hand-grip position reduces stress from your wrists and lets you cycle the bike in different positions.
Belt Drive System
XTERRA MB550 spin bike includes a high-quality belt that provides a smooth, almost soundless and maintenance-free performance. It has a first-class quality belt that is not stretchable. So, you don’t have to take the hassle of adjusting the belt after every few weeks of use. The belt comes with a 1-year labor warranty so that you can replace it if there’s a problem. Unlike any other chain-driven bike, the belt doesn’t require lubing as it is quite smooth. So that your hands and floor remain clean and you can work out smoothly in a silent environment.
Q-factor and Pedals
The XTERRA MB550 cycle features pedals that are toe caged only. The pedal straps are stretchable to adjust wide feet. The indoor cycle has standard bike pedal thread of size 9/16’’.
Though the XTERRA MB550 has a high-quality toe cage pedal. But unfortunately, the spin bike toe caged pedals are not compatible with any clipless cycling shoes.
Now let’s talk about the Q-factor. What is it? Well, it is the distance between the two pedals. The XTERRA spin bike’s Q-factor is 181 MM which is a bio-mechanically correct narrow Q-factor. So, this measurement is just perfect for your knees and hips alignment.
- The XTERRA MB550 indoor exercise bike features the friction resistance system.
- The weight limit is 250 lbs.
- The spin bike pedals are toe caged.
- The exercise bike comes with a computer that is too basic and small.
- The attached water bottle holder is present.
- It has an affordable price.
- Adjustable seat and handlebars.
- Nearly makes no sound.
- Assembled weight: 105.8 lbs.
- The quality brake pad offers a low-maintenance smooth and quiet workout.
- The protection guard is present to prevent sweat from dripping on the pad and flywheel.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty for frame and 1-year warranty for both parts and labor.
Flywheel: 48.5 LBS, precision Balanced
Resistance: Dial, Infinite Micro Adjustments
Frame Design: Front Drive System
Pedals: Toe Caged with Adjustable Straps
Console: Wired Console indicates Day Time, Timer, Stopwatch
Distance, Speed (current, avg, max), Calories.
Batteries: CR2032 3V Battery and 2 AAA Batteries (Included).
Seat Adjustments: Up/Down/Forward/Backward.
Specification: 45.7” x 22.4” x 38.6”.
Weight Limit: 250 LBS.
Warranty: Lifetime on frame and 1-year on both parts and labor.
Amazon Ratings: 4.1
- The caged pedals are made of Aluminum Alloy that gives slippage free comfortable pedaling.
- A small LCD computer console tracks time, distance, calories, and speed.
- Belt driven system enables you to have a low-maintenance and noise-free workout.
- Simple installation process.
- Budget-friendly price.
- The handlebars provide an adjustable 4-way multi-grip that enables you to try different riding positions for an extensive workout.
- The bike’s computer console is too basic and small and it lacks updated technology.
- You can’t ride the bike with clipless cycling shoes as the pedals are toe caged.
- The XTERRA MB550 indoor bike doesn’t feature any drop and elbow-rest for the upper body workout comfort.
- It is difficult to return to the previous settings of resistance. Because the resistance levels are not marked down.
- You may need to have new brake pads every couple of year that depends on the intensity of your workout.
- How the LCD is powered?
Ans: The XTERRA MB550 uses a wireless console to power the LCD.
- Does it require batteries?
Ans: The console uses a CR2032 battery and 2 AAA batteries which are already included.
- Can anyone stand up and ride?
Ans: Yes! You can do it.
- What do you mean by Q-factor?
Ans: Q-factor is the distance between the pedal’s attachment points on the crank arm. It is 181 mm in the XTERRA MB550 spin bike.
- Will it support 300 lbs.?
Ans: No. The maximum weight capacity is 250 lbs.
Like I always say, don’t forget to check about the product reviews and ratings online and make sure it is the expected spin bike that you want to have. Also, consult without your physician or doctor if you have any back issues before buying the bike.
And It is always better to buy from the shop rather than purchasing products online. However, if you want to buy online then go for it but make sure the online site is trusted and provides good services.
The XTERRA MB550 indoor cycle is an excellent equipment in terms of great qualities and price. Here you will be able to meet up your all fitness goals within your budget. The spin bike provides you plenty of adjustments to workout comfortably in a safe mode. Plus, this sturdy-looking bike is designed to last for a lifetime. What it lacks only in terms of the computer. But the bike makes it up for you with its genius construction, complete adjustability, heavy flywheel and over the top with its low maintenance belt. If computer console is not a factor then considering over all things, we can say that this XTERRA MB500 cycle is a great piece of equipment.
So, I hope you like our XTERRA Spin Bike Review article. Thanks for reading.
Our related other article of exercise bikes
- Healthrider n35 exercise bike review
- kettler giro s spin bike review
- L Now Spin Bike Reviews
- Proform recumbent bike reviews
- Schwinn active 20 recumbent bike reviews
- Xterra SB550 recumbent bike review
- True es700 recumbent bike review
- Reviews for fitnation recumbent bike
- free spirit recumbent bike reviews
- Keiser M3 Spin Bike Review
- Powertrain spin bike review
- ion spin bike review
- Cybex cr 750 r recumbent bike reviews
- Exerpeutic LX7 Spin Bike Review
- Body Flex Magnetic Recumbent Bike Reviews
- NORFLEX Spin Bike SPX200 Review
- best upright exercise bike
- best exercise bike recumbent
- best exercise bike for losing weight
- best exercise bike